Monday 10 October 2016

Want to know more about Sunflower?

Hi, I'm Sunflower,nice to meet you, even if I don't know you

I'm 18 years old and I live in Bourges, in the center (an advantage for the PDB). I've got one brother who is older than me.

I don't have a passion for anything, except music, but I like many things that I can't list; but this summer, with a friend , I've watched a TV series that I've really loved (even though I'm usually not a fan of TV series)


This one is The Get Down,  an american musical TV series by Baz Luhrmann and Stephen Adly Guiris. 

It's a new TV series on the website Nextflix, broadcast since  August 12th 2016.

There is one season of 6 episodes which last approximately 60 minutes. 

The main characters are played by Justice Smith (Ezekiel alias Zeke Figuero), Shameik Moore (Shaolin Fantastic), Herizen F. Guardiola (Mylene Cruz), Skylan Brooks (Ra-Ra) and others!

The story takes place in the Bronx, in 1970. 

Zeke is a young man who is going to school, but he is an amazing writer who is going to rap in a group with his friends Ra-Ra, Boo-Boo and Dizzie, after his meeting with the famous Shaolin Fantastic, the last member, who wants to learn to mix. 

The serie tells their social evolution , professionaly and as friends; furthermore it is about the birth of hip-hop, funk and disco.

What makes me love this series is the first poem, writen by Zeke, that we discover 




I am the one :

Boom then crash, the shattering of glass
I dive to the floor, busting my ass
The hell was that
Was all that I say
Then I see the pool of blood
Then I see my mom she's dead
No emotion in the commotion
I wasn't even sad, even when I learned the bullet was meant for my dad 
Vietnam made pops crazy he was already half-dead
So why couldn't that'd be him that got shot in the head?
All the news that fits the print
Momma's death went unreported not a whiff or word or hint
They don't care about us niggers is how my pops explained it
But I didn't know I was a nigga till my dad proclaimed it
Six months later my pops is dead too
Drug-related shots fired his skin turned cold blue
On the news that night the President's wife got a new hair-do
The news guy said "I like it how about you?"
No word about my pops in the Post or on CBS, why was that you ask?
Take a fucking guess
And yeah why is that, that's what politicians should be asking
But who got time for questions when you all skiing up on Aspen?
Broads get gunshots to the head and all y'all serving us is Asprin
My momma so lovely she'd have made your head spin
Level the playing field and y'all will see who'll really win
And yeah I got anger
But I don't let it take me down, my momma taught me better
And she holds me up when I fall down
Rest in peace moms, don't worry about your son
Some day I'll make you proud because yeah I am the one




31 comments:

  1. I liked your article, it was interesting ! I'd like to know more about you in other articles !
    I didn't know this series but the poem is cool !
    See you -Pegasus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will write an other article soon, but I don't know the subject!
      I really love the poem. The first time that I listened it, I didn't find my words to explain what I was feeling. I find, in all of Zeke's poems, that the words are strong and beautiful. This touching me!

      Sunflower

      Delete
  2. I already heard about this TV Serie, it looks to be very interesting and entertaining.
    -Nenette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! This is a fiction but it's also based on real events in the Bronx! To my opinion, all is great in this TV serie, the music (I like disco and the mix between the rap and songs by Mylene is amazing for me!), the characters, the story etc..! To be honest, I recommend this serie for everybody who like disco, funk and rap too

      Sunflower

      Delete
  3. Welcome and good job for the article !

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lyrics of this song are nice! #yse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, I love the soundtracks!

      Sunflower

      Delete
  5. Thanks to you I really want to look at this serie ! Too much series to look at but I'll try to look at one episode to try.

    -Harley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you will find the time to look the first episode Harley!!

      Sunflower

      Delete
  6. I don't knew this tv series... interesting article!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ravenclaw!

      Sunflower

      Delete
  7. I never heard about this TV series, i will search more on internet that's look interesting !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice presentation, now i want to see it. The serie seems really cool. Thank you Sunflower !Cardinal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you will watch one episode!!

      Sunflower

      Delete
  9. good presentation!!

    dz-pnl213

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sunflower it's a funny nickname ! The PDB is a great festival ! Madridista

    ReplyDelete
  11. waa nice poem sweety
    your article was good ;) continue like that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you're nice friend. Continue like that too!

      Sunflower

      Delete
  12. Nice article :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah thank you anonymous person!!

      Sunflower

      Delete
  13. Nice article :)
    - Chamallow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you little Chamallow!

      Delete
  14. This TV show looks very interesting, I told you I'll watch it, I promise I'll do ! I loved your article little SunFlower

    Inspetor Flower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, see this serie it's an order Inspector Flower, loool!

      Sunflower

      Delete
  15. I watch all of my series on Netflix so I already heard about this series but I'm not very interested in it. However your article was very nice to read.
    See you !
    Minimalist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Minimalist, see you at school yes!!

      Sunflower

      Delete