Monday 10 March 2014

The explanation of yesterday's joke:

Don't read it if you haven't read the joke first!



Mac is a knife... And Mac the Knife is a famous character in The Threepenny Opera  (L'opéra de 4 sous)



Wikipedia mentions that:

"Mack the Knife" or "The Ballad of Mack the Knife", originally "Die Moritat von Mackie Messer", is a song composed by Kurt Weill with lyrics by Bertolt Brecht for their music drama Die Dreigroschenoper, or, as it is known in English, The Threepenny Opera. It premiered in Berlin in 1928 at the Theater am Schiffbauerdamm. The song has become a popular standard recorded by many artists, including a US number one hit for Bobby Darin.





There are other versions:





with lyrics:


A different style:




also in French


also in Italian:


And of course in German:



twice, to be forgiven by Mrs D' for confusing Italian and German!!!!



That's why Mac was the only one who encountered success!!!!

[Me, myself and I  think it was a really good joke! Mrs P. ]

14 comments:

  1. I didn't know it! You teach us a lot of things Mrs P.! ^^

    Folt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too , I didn't know it , it's better that it was not a game ;)

    Rider.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know that "MAC" too



    by grecy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nobody knows it safe Mrs Papy. :p

    Grapefruit---

    ReplyDelete
  5. This song is famous but i didn't know all the versions. It's interesting
    Mickael.J-King

    ReplyDelete
  6. On "my article", there was a "joke" that nobody knows, it's normal that I never understand jokes!

    Grapefruit---

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that if it was a game, nobody would have won it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! I get it! ^^ and i agree with you RockNBlur ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The last video is creepy, really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's just German!^^^^^^^^^^

      Delete
    2. Isn't it what I said ?

      I'm just joking !

      Delete
  10. There are a lot of versions!
    That's impressive!
    SweetLisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know the original music and the differents versions !

    Many musics are remixed but in generally the first version is better ! :)

    K-Za.

    ReplyDelete