Tuesday 14 May 2013

Sweet Lisa's neighbourhood

What could I tell you about my neighbourhood?
 
First it’s quite calm… My neighbours are really nice and friendly!
 
The old man living in the house in front of mine has about twenty cats (it’s not a problem to me because I love cats!). Sometimes he let me take care of them, so I give them milk and food.
 
The neighbours living in the house right next to mine are a young couple, I know the guy more than his girlfriend because before she moved in, he already lived there with his sister.
They are very nice and I know I can count on them if I have a problem (for example if I forget my keys, which already happened more than once!)
 
Then, there is another neighbour who I really appreciate, he makes me babysit his eight years old daughter…
I've been keeping an eye on her since she was four; she’s like the little sister I never had.
 
Higher in the street, there is an old dance studio.
 I used to practice “modern jazz” there when I still was a little girl.
 It’s been a long time that I didn’t went into the studio because now it has become an habitation but I still remember every details of this studio, it was a confident place to me.
 
There are a lot of activities to do during the day: I live next to the “marais” so sometimes I like to go there and walk under the trees, watch flowers and water.
There are private gardens in it, including one where an old man cultivates fruits and vegetables.
When I walk my dog on Saturday morning, I always see this old gardener who gives candy to my dog.
To thank him (and also because I am an angel), I help him to collect his vegetables because he is eighty three so he’s in pain but he doesn’t want to give up on his garden.
Sometimes he gives me some of his vegetables…
I love to come home after class and find on my window a little bag with a note of the gardener, often, the note says something like: «I had too much salad… Enjoy it!”
 
During the day I see ducks and during the night I hear frogs.
 
Once a year, a party is organized in the middle of the principal street by the president of the neighbourhood’s association.
This party gathers all the neighbours, everyone brings something to eat or drink, and we all talk together during the meal.
Once we’re done eating, we go to dance or keep talking with each other.
 
I 've lived in this neighborhood since I was born and I really don’t want to move out, but I’ll have to someday.
I hope I will find a neighbourhood as good as mine…
 
 
 
SWEETLISA

12 comments:

  1. I went to sleep a lot of time at Lisa, I can confirmed that this district is Great!:D

    Rider.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My home is your home, you know it ! ;)
      SweetLisa

      Delete
  2. Your neighbourhood seems very nice ! I understand why you don't want to go elsewhere !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really love this place !!
      SweetLisa

      Delete
  3. I had too practiced modern jazz in the dance studio when i was little, in your neighborhood :)
    - YMCMB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, wt Caroline !! :DD
      SweetLisa

      Delete
  4. YEAH ! LONG LIFE TO CATS !!

    Tsitsa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!
      What would we do without them? THAT is the question!
      SweetLisa

      Delete
  5. Yes SweetLisa, my sister ;) !

    Rider.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "walk under the trees, watch flowers and water"It's so poetic' ;)

    Bobbie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your neighborhood to the warm air, and the peasant look so nice!

    K-ZA.

    ReplyDelete