Monday 6 May 2013


Hi bloggers! Today, I present you my village called Saint-Just. I always lived here. But I’m not here to speak about my life!
Saint-Just is a little village situated next to Plaimpied, Soye-en-Septaine, or Annoix. It’s located  10 kms from Bourges.
Here are some photos of Saint-Just before (because I think it’s interesting to see how was it in the 1930’s) and now. (You can play with the differences!)

This is an example of a way, this one called rue de la Surette. (we can see the Post Office on the right)



 This is the view of Saint-Just just next to the stadium.


This photo is the sawmill (it’s not anymore in service), just at the entrance of Saint-Just.


And this place is the church of my village.


Saint-Just is a very pleasant village  : we can go for a walk at the edge of the waterway, play in the stadium or take pictures!
When we see the photos, we can notice that Saint-Just hasn't changed a lot, and I think it’s a good point.
To conclude, Saint-Just is very nice with the landscapes and places, calm because it’s the countryside!
And we can have parties like the music festival at the end of June!

So, you’re welcome to Saint-Just!


28 comments:

  1. St Just looks a little bit like my village !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that all the villages are alike in the Berry

      Folt

      Delete
    2. Yes but the village I lived in a year ago wasn't like them ^^

      Delete
  2. This village seems to me very restful and modern, and I see where it is situated!

    Rider.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it is!! Moreover it's not a village very old and it's nice!

      Folt

      Delete
    2. Yes , it seems nice ! :)

      Delete
  3. Interesting article,
    and to be honest, I really appreciate seeing old pictures:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like old photos too

      Folt

      Delete
  4. You seem to appreciate greatly your village, this is cool! :)

    K-ZA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am very attached to it, every time I think of my childhood.

      Folt

      Delete
  5. It's always funny to see how something changes with the time!
    Also the post office street didn't change (1st picture)
    And I prefer the church during the 30's because now there's no trees.
    St Just is a nice town.
    Imnotyou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really agree with you especially for the church, because the mayor decided to renovate the place but not the church, and now it's less beautiful than before.

      Folt

      Delete
  6. I like the photo " before / now " it's original !

    Tsitsa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I think it's very nice to see the differences!

      Folt

      Delete
  7. This is a great idea to show old picture and new ones, cause we can compare the changements.

    SweetLisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it was my aim! Moreover, I think you can really apreciate it!

      Folt

      Delete
  8. And it actually looks like nothing has change since the '30s ! It's really interesting.

    SweetLisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is !!
      Sorry, I make a lot of advertisements...

      Folt

      Delete
  9. Oh... It seems like Bora-Bora, incredible :p
    ~Amazilena~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! But it was a secret... ;)

      Folt

      Delete
  10. You're village look so cute ! I think like all others little villages ;)

    Bobbie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes but Saint-Just is the more beautiful! :P

      Folt

      Delete
  11. My grandparents live in St Just!
    - YMCMB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and are they living just next to me, accidentally?!

      Folt

      Delete
  12. I've already gone to fish ... Without success. ^^
    - YMCMB

    ReplyDelete
  13. and in st just you have many snail that you can catch for the dinner (you will understand why i say that)

    somethingintheway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snails are very good in St-Just! But there is not anymore... I don't know why...

      Folt

      Delete
  14. I don't know Saint-Just
    Lala

    ReplyDelete