Sunday 14 October 2012

What I like, by GooGoo

Karate is a Japanese martial art. With Karate we learn the self control and defend ourselves.
Karate is practiced in two complementary parts: kata (fight against an imaginary partner)
 
 
and kumite (fight against a true partner).
 
 
Kata is like a choregraphy with fighting technics: this allows to have balance, strength control and concentration.
Kumite is a true confrontation against a partner. The fighter who wins the more points is the winner.
 
Personaly, I've been practising Karate for 10 years. I'm black belt 1st Dan and I practice Kumite's competitions to National Level or Open (= no qualifications and international).
 
Last season, I did a lot of podium:
 
1st Department Championship
1st League Championship
1st League Cup
1st League Cup
5th France Championship
3rd France cup Handset Kata/Kumite
2nd National Open of Orleans
2nd France Cup North zone
1st National Open semi-contact interdisciplinary (all the fighting sports combined).
1st national Cup semi-contact
 
I must try to do the same results this year...or better!
 
 
My advice is: don't mess with Googoo! Mrs P.
 

12 comments:

  1. I'd love to see one of your competitions !

    Nomika.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hum , So you are the futur Teddy Riner.
    ~BlackMan~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teddy Riner is à Judo champion ont karaté ;)
    Googoo i see you love your sport, It's a very good thing to win !
    I've done judo for 9 years but It bored me after katas
    Good luck for your competitions
    ~Amazilena~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not important that Teddy Riner is a Judo Champion, what's important is the results ;D
      Thanks for your comments everybody

      -Googoo-

      Delete
  4. JAPAN !!!!!!!

    I love karaté but ... just on T.V ^^
    - destiny -

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, karaté is one of my favourites sports. I practiced it when I was younger, but I stopped for Handball. Since when do you practice it ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find it interesting! although I don't like combat sports !
    ~ YMCMB

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you can win a Kumite against Chuck Norris!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you can win against Chuck Norris!!!!
    Ps it was me who wrote the same comment

    Imnotyou

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw a match on the T.V. when I was in the " Samouraï's cup " that you've play, you are TOO ABLE ! And all your cups is so impressive.. wouah, you must be exhausting workouts... !!

    ~Tsitsa~

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing sport but little dangerous

    ReplyDelete