Monday 2 February 2015

Ayfas and the Little Prince's resolutions...



 "Men have no more time to understand anything. They buy things all readymade at the shops. But there is no shop anywhere where one can buy friendship, and so men have no friends anymore. If you want a friend, tame me." 



Oh, This little blond-haired boy! Everyone, at least once in life, has read this little but great masterpiece. (if not, do it, now!!!) 



Everything begins in the Sahara, where an airman falls with his plane and meets a curious child who asks him to draw him a sheep.
 Little by little, the child starts talking about himself and reveals to be the prince of a distant planet, the asteroid B612, an unusual place where he used to live alone with a surly and vain rose that he looked after. 
The distance opened his eyes, he discovers the deep relationship and love between them. That’s why he needs a sheep that could eat all the branches of the baobab tree, who are growing up, so that none will die.. nor the rose, nor the planet. 


Before coming to earth, the little prince has wandered on several planets, encountering strange and absurd characters, but each one able to teach him something (don’t worry, I’ll spare you the details!) 
Once arrived on our planet, he’ll bump into a snake and a fox that will ask him to be tamed in the name of friendship. 
Among other thousand meetings and small adventures, a year passes and the little prince with the golden hair is preparing to return home, with the sheep and the trusty fox, to take care of his rose. 
This is what happens in the words of those pages.. with a perfect message for readers of all ages: TAKE CARE OF OTHERS. And this is my first resolution of this year. Yeah, I’ll take care of you guys. 


Grow up means becoming responsible but to achieve this level of awareness, we must travel, do research and talk to others. 


Well, TRAVELLING, is my second resolution of 2015. 
I want to travel hoping to find myself, exactly like A. Saint-Exupéry did in the Sahara.
 Me too, like him,  wanna find my pure, innocent and creative me, who
 silently vaporized within this pollutive society, years ago.


Then, here you are, my last resolution of the year: NOT TO LOSE HOPE. 

Probably it could sound “pathetic”, but I assure you, it’s not. 
I used to lose hope in people precisely in humanity but then something happened to me or to be precise to a dear friend of mine.
 Ehm.. this summer, during the last attack in Gaza my friend, in one day, lost his brother and his best friend. Ehm..he disappeared for 2 weeks, 2 f*****g weeks and I freaked out, omg, I thought he was dead too but then, thank God, he called me telling me “Safiya, it’s me, I can’t talk too much, I just want to tell you that I’m good, al hamdulillah (praise to God) and sorry, if I disappeared”.
 Over time, I realized that even if he was pissed off with “us”, the blind people, he didn’t lose hope in life, in God, in freedom and dignity. 
He didn’t fall down, contrary he became more stronger than before. 
And I was wondering: why? How could that? If my friend and the little prince didn’t lose hope in humanity, who I am to lose it? I don’t have the right to do it.

12 comments:

  1. Wow. You have the words to make me think about it... This is a very touching history, and these are good resolutions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank youuu! Appreciate it :)

      -ayifas

      Delete
  2. That's so cute.

    Primrose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Graciassss "maria"! looool

      -ayifas

      Delete
    2. Do not call me that !!!

      Primrose

      Delete
  3. Wow you impressed me, your words are perfectly chosen. Thank you so much for your article, it is great !

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwh, thank you very much Honey.. it means a lot to me!

    -ayifas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrat's, it's a touching history ! It is the first book which I read when I was a child. Mickael.J-King

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear that! Thankssssss

      -ayifas

      Delete
    2. I just totally agree ! And her article was amazing
      -Carter-

      Delete
    3. Thank you very much Carter :)

      -ayifas

      Delete
  6. The little prince make me always think about the cake 'lu'

    PonPonPon

    ReplyDelete