Tuesday 2 April 2013

A film I love, by Jules

The Green Mile
 
 

  The Green Mile is an American drama film released in 1999 and directed by Frank Darabont .
The film is based on Stephen King's novel which has the same name.
 
 
[The serial novel was originally released in six volumes before being republished as a single volume work. The book is an example of magical realism.]
 
The story is told in flashback and narrated by Paul Edgecomb who now lives in an old-age home six decades after working for a long time as the head guard on Death Row at a Southen Prison named Cold Mountain Penitentiary.
Back to 1935, during the Great Depression, Paul Edgecomb, reflects on how he developed an unusual relationship with one of the inmate, sentenced, who is probably innocent. John Coffey, the inmate, is an African-American man who is convicted for the murder of two little girls.
 
 
But the thing is that Coffey has strange powers, both miraculous and mysterious … And the creepy persons in the prison have their own point of vue on his gifts. 
 
This film is one of my favourite and I think it's one of the best film ever. If you've never seen it, I recommend it to you. The first time I've seen it, I was so into it that people could talk, shout, cry that I didn't bother anything, all I wanted was to know the end.
 
And … the end made me cry, I couldn't stop !
 
After seeing this film you feel, just for a few minute, like if you had to take care of the people you love, well you know it's like when you go out from the cinema, you always feel a bit strange , here I felt like this : strange and shaky at the same time …
All this to say, that this film is incredible . 

23 comments:

  1. I didn't know this film, but it seems very good and touching, i enjoy the story. And i see that it give to you a lit of feelings, this is what i call a film, a real film.
    ~Amazilena~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a really good film, i like it very much too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't see the movie. I must see the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had always hear a lot of great things about this movie, but that's really sad story too ... It's true ?
    Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the story is very sad at the end but it stays a film. You will feel a bit strange during 5 min after seeing the film but then all feelings will be gone !

      Delete
    2. lol Thank you jules ...

      Delete
  5. " My name is John Coffey as coffee but it doesn't write like "


    Lil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, i love him when he says that !

      Delete
  6. I think it's one of my favourite films, good choice Jules !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched an extract of this but never the entire movie. I don't remember which moment it was but I know it was very sad (so maybe it was at the end) (nice to see a movie's end before the beginning ! Anyway ^^)
    Its seems like it is a very good movie, so I will watch it entirely one day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a legendary movie ... it made me cry and gave me shivers all along !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this film, the end it's too sad I grow up with this movie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yaaayaaayaaa.. Don't try to fool us miss Jules, as if you were a sensitive person ("it made me cry" and stuff)! I came to know today how rude you are... and especially against me!

    Despite all you have done to me, let me tell you that you gave me the wish to see this movie, bravo.

    Holysnail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, are you talking about you ? I'm a bit confused ... Should I remind you what you did on thursday ??
      Mouhahahahahahaahahahaha !!

      Delete
    2. ... Huh, can you refresh my memory Jules ? What the hell happened ? I don't remember (except the way you threatened me with your dreams !!)

      Delete
  11. One of the best film ever !!!
    Every time I watch it I cry even if I know what's going to happen...
    SweetLisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll watch it, as soon as possible !

    - Sailor' girl

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have see this movie two years ago and I loved it.
    The end is sad.
    Cinnamon's friend

    ReplyDelete
  14. really good film :O the one who never watched it is an uncultivated person! (lol)
    -DESTINY-

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've just watch the trailler and I've heard about this film, it lokk really cool! I must see it!

    Bobbie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I cry to this movie every time I watch it.
    - YMCMB

    ReplyDelete
  17. People if you want to cry look at this movie ! Really interesting film for me !

    -Harley

    ReplyDelete