Saturday 6 April 2013

A favourite film, by our favourite bird, the one and only Cockatoo!

I chose to talk about a film that really moved me, its name is Tetro.
 
This is the story of a young man, Bennie, who go to Buenos Aires to meet his half-brother, Angelo.
Nine years ago, Angelo had cut the links with his family to write.
 
 His new name is Tetro, the diminutive of his family name, Tetrocini.
Bennie wants to know why is brother has cut the links with his family and know the story of his mother, who is in the coma since nine years.
One day, Bennie discover the beginning of a novel that Angelo have written.
Here start the conflicts with his brother. The themes of family and quest of identity are important.
 
 


I love this film because the suspense is always present and the idea of the scenes in colour for the flashbacks whereas the scenes in the present are in black and white is very interesting.
 
The arts like theatre, music, writing and cinema are very important in the story and I like the films about arts in general.
 
Moreover, we can see the sensibility of the different persons, who do more than play the scene, they live the scenes with their personnalities they have in reality.
 
 
 

20 comments:

  1. I almost remember Tetro ! I was so tired when I saw it that I slept 1 hour but this film from Coppola is really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that you missed the moment when Benjamin had his accident .

      Lil

      Delete
  2. I've also really liked this movie, it was interesting and the story was captivating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, this is an awesome movie.. The story, the actors, the way the scenes were filmed... just perfect

    Holysnail

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know this movie at all but I will watch it, it seems very good, but sad (?) ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. That film was awsome, the best film I've ever seen with the school, apart from the films you've showed us Mrs P .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks "oncheonche" to the blog.


    I don't know this movie. It is in black and white?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks very interesting, i like the idea of changing clours for the past. Besides, it's a good idea that the conflicts stars when the character discovered a novel of his brother because in my opinion, it's more original than they had just spoke and desagree.. With writing there are sensitivity, i love it. Thank you for the article, i'll watch it as soon as possible.
    ~Amazilena~

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooh god!!!!!
    do you want to be part of Bennie's fanclub? :D
    I realy enjoy this film !!!! good choice Cockatoo ;P
    -DESTINY-

    ReplyDelete
  9. The day I was supposed to watch it with my class, I was missing. I was so disappointed when my friends told me how good it was!

    - Sailor' girl

    ReplyDelete
  10. It seems to be a very film
    I Will watch it this week end
    Lil

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved so much this film, it's absolutely brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved this movie too ! I loved like you the choice of flashbacks, the relation between the characters. The subject of movie is beautiful, the evolution's relation of the brothers.
    So, I loved all and I discovered a great actor !
    A Cockatoo's friend :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're right. This movie is very interesting, for the choice of colours and this history. Tetro plays really well.
    The actor which have Bennie is Alden Erhenreich, the principal actor of Beautiful Creatures!

    I am a friend of Cockatoo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never seen this movie ... Shame on me. :p



    I come from "Onche Onche"

    ReplyDelete
  15. This movie look very interesting, I agree that it can be a beautiful story and I will watch it

    Folt

    ReplyDelete
  16. I Must watch this film!! It look really good! The story seems to be moved, besides the changing of colors is interesting.

    Bobbie.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The story looks really interesting!

    K-ZA.

    ReplyDelete