Tuesday 8 March 2016

Grallouch's article....

If I should make a gift to an association that would be for an animal association.

Indeed, I love animals and I’m for their protection.

The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species, founded in 1964, is the world's most comprehensive inventory of the global conservation status of biological species.

The IUCN Red List is set upon precise criteria to evaluate the extinction risks of thousands of species. 

These criteria are relevant to all species and all regions of the world. 

The aim is to convey the urgency of conservation issues to the public and policy makers, as well as help the international community to try to reduce species extinction.
 
Can you imagine a world without animals? 


We have many and different categories depending on the severity of  the loss of the species:
 Extinct (EX): No known individuals remaining. 

Extinct in the wild (EW): Known only to survive in captivity, or as a naturalized population outside its historic range.

 Critically endangered (CR): Extremely high risk of extinction in the wild. 

Endangered (EN): High risk of extinction in the wild. 

Vulnerable (VU): High risk of endangerment in the wild.

The causes are numerous. 


They can be natural like drought, the ice melt, the fires etc... but it’s because of men that this species disappear. 

Seas and forests are destroyed and polluted. 

Animals are hunted for their meats, skins, theeth, scales, feathers or their fat to make clothes, jewels or comectics. 

And I think it’s very sad… and the world has to react ! 

It’s why I’d donate many money to every associations like IUCN.

15 comments:

  1. I nerver heard about this association but I love animals too !

    PHI

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great cause to defend, animals are losing their natural habitat because of global warming

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,


    I see your blog is still alive !

    It's nice! :)

    The blog articles are interesting and informative (
    Mine was better of course! )

    Have a nice Day.

    Alexandre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Onche! It's nice to see former pupils come back once in a while. Thank you for not forgetting the blog! See you soon I hope!!!

      Delete
  4. great article -Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your idea. Every day we lost races of animal.. :/
    What's your fav animal?
    -becarefulouis

    ReplyDelete
  6. great article -Pradel

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not know this association, but it's very interesting

    Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you, I did not this association but i'ts interesting, to protect animals is also important
      Lauranouille

      Delete
  8. I never heard about this association but your article is very nice and interesting
    -Lili

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooh you're so cute grallouche !!

    Nour

    ReplyDelete
  10. This article it's very nice ! Thanks Grallouche !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Indeed, I didn't know this association

    ReplyDelete
  12. So important cause, good article Grallouche :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't know this association.. but I like ! Animals are important for me
    lauranouilel

    ReplyDelete