Saturday 19 March 2016

Aliena's article...

If I could choose a charity cause to take part in, I would probably pick out Boys Town.

Since 1917, Boys Town’s mission has been to give at-risk children and families the love, support and education they need to succeed.

Boys Town saves children and helps families across America.


You're probably wondering why I'm talking about an american charity cause. 
 
In fact, I was really moved by the origins of the foundation. 
 
In 1917, a young Irish priest named Father Edward J. Flanagan grew discouraged in his work with homeless men in Omaha, Nebraska. 
 
He shifted his attention and in December of that year, borrowed $90 to pay the rent on a boarding house that became Father Flanagan’s Home for Boys.
 
 Flanagan welcomed all boys, regardless of their race or religion. By the spring, 100 boys were living at the Home.

Father Edward Joseph Flanagan developed a lifelong interest in young people and their struggle to grow into responsible, productive members of society. 
 
Today, the foundation continues Father Flanagan's mission of saving children and healing families.
 
You'd think that when you take part in some charity cause, it is because you feel involved in some way. 
 
And I do feel really concerned by this cause because my family situation wasn't always at its best, and I think nobody should have to go through this.

Imagine growing up with absent parents, surrounded by gang violence and rampant drug activity. 
 
Imagine having to steal food just to survive day to day. 
 
These are the kids who have slipped through society’s cracks. The sad part is, just like all children, they have potential – they just need hope and someone to believe in them. 
 
Boys Town will provide both to thousands of at-risk children each year.

And Boys Town not only help children but also families.

When a family is in crisis, it’s the children who suffer the most. That’s why every family deserves a chance to be saved.


Here are the goals of Boys Town :

#1 - Teach children and families life-changing skills.

#2 - Help children and families build healthy relationships.

#3 - Empower children and families to make good decisions on their own.

#4 - Care for children in a family-style environment.

#5 - Support children and families in religious practices and values.

18 comments:

  1. I didn't know this association but your article explains everything perfectly !

    PHI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know it either so I found it really interesting

      Delete
    2. Thank you, you should take a look at their website, they explain it very well

      Delete
    3. Me too !

      PHI

      Delete
  2. It's not a common association for a common cause, and it's a good thing to advance it how you do very well !
    The other teddybear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think their ideas are really good. The way they try to help to the families too... I really like it :)

      Delete
  3. I find good her that this association helps the children and the parents also

    Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I like about this association :)

      Delete
  4. That's a good association :)
    -becarefulouis

    ReplyDelete
  5. great article -Pradel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good article, the way you presented it is really interesting, I didn't know about this association tho

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, me neither I discovered it some time ago.

      Delete
  7. I didn't know anything about this association, it's a great initiative !
    Well really good article :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did'nt know this association but your article is very intresting
    lauranouille

    ReplyDelete
  9. The chirldren education is very important for me ! You've chose a grate subject, thank you !

    ReplyDelete