Wednesday 18 November 2015

To begin our new series on travelling back in time, Aliena's article!



I was born in 98 but I really miss the 90’s…
I hate the fact that it’s 2015 right now. 
It doesn’t seem real to me. I was just a kid but now that I think of it, I must have really enjoyed what I did back then.


Watching cartoons and soaps, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Friends, Pokemon starting in 97 and so much other good stuff. 



I feel such nostalgia that I’m starting to feel depressed that we’re in 2015 right now. 
I know everyone has to move on, but we probably all have feelings of this. 

Why is time flying by so fast?

I really miss the early 00’s too.
People were more social back then. We used to play outside with our friends. Even the tech wasn't addicting enough yet, it was sooo good.

The day the Time Machine gets invented, I go back to the 90’s for some good music and amazing TV shows.

It's mainly the music that I miss so much from the 90's, I feel like now, music is terrible, it just all sounds the same. 

I miss Nirvana, young Britney, the Backstreet boys and Michael of course.

                                        


I just wish I were a kid again, it sucks being all grown up and all. 

I just wish I could take that time machine and travel all the way back to the 90’s and just try and relive my life again. 

Making it all better and trying to change the way that people think. 
Trying to save Cobain, Michael, John Lennon and all my guys. 

I miss VHS, chunky shoes and breakdancing battles. Tamagochis, my old gameboy, Sesame Street and the Spice Girls.

                                      

Well, looks like we're stuck in those damn 2000's and I can't imagine this ever being a memorable decade like the 90's were.

I really do feel bad for me who was born after 1990, I just will never know what it was like to be a 90’s kid.

I miss the pop culture of my childhood in the 00's. 

When I was growing up, I still kind of envied my family who talked about having fun in the 60's and 70's too. 

It was before I was around, but I still knew it was a fun and exciting time.

I'd go back to the 00's just to be young again now. Still haven't gotten used to my 17's.

61 comments:

  1. I agree with you! I love pop culture and I think it is great to be a child because we live just without asking oneself.
    It's a good article!

    By Blondy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't like 00's pop culture though, I'm more like a 90's kid even if people think it's overated.

      Delete
  2. Oh the Fresh Prince of Bel air I watch an episode time to time and I love this music Wannabe by the Spice Girls ! It was a good period I think

    PHI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love Fresh Prince, it's like the best show ever made! I would definitely go back there just to watch it again.

      Delete
    2. I agree Spice Girls were nice and the music persistent in our head ^^

      Delete
    3. Yeah, you hear it once and it's stuck in your head forever

      Delete
  3. You seem to be depressed, I understand... Do you wanna share ice cream with me ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to! With extra cream please.

      Delete
    2. I can make this for you buddy

      Delete
    3. Oh, you're such a great friend. Meet ya at Holly's dinner. Buy me some nuggets too

      Delete
  4. It was really nostalgic to read your article 'v' I guess that technology developped too quickly we couldn't fully enjoy what represent the 90's which is kind of sad...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree with you, we didn't have the time to enjoy all the little things...
      It's crazy how fast that technology develloped itself tho !

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I agree with ya, it was si cool back then

      Delete
  5. I love the way you write ! But in the same, it's a bit sad I find. You are not yet 18 but you want already go back in your younger years...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah that's a bit sad, but I like to listen to 90's music, throwbacks you know.

      Delete
  6. I so agree with you, The 90's were so great, but now technologies spoil our childooh they separate us in a way and the new reality shows are so pathetic. Fortunately there were good series in 00's like Ma Famille D'abord, Malcom.. But now there are nothing anymore .. -Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, nowadays kids are just so spoiled, and reality shows are so dumb. Malcolm was great tho

      Delete
    2. Yes I completely agree with you ! -Bonnie

      Delete
  7. Loved your article
    2 years ago I swear that I knew of the lyrics of the fresh prince of bel air theme

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this song oh my god, it's so funny and I love how Will sings

      Delete
    2. Yes the song is cool -Bonnie

      Delete
  8. I agree with all you said, I think too that the 90's was a grat time to live
    The fresh prince of bel-air and freinds are series that I always whatch with my parents

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too! It was such a great time!

      Delete
  9. "Pokemon, gotta catch them all its you and me. I know its my destiny ! Pokemon, oh, you're my best friend in a world we must defend ! Pokemon, gotta catch them all a heart so true.
    Our courage will pull us through you teach me and I'll teach you ! Po-ke-mon Gotta catch 'em all !"

    No! I wasn't fan of this... :whistle:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to collect all the cards you know "gotta catch 'em all"

      Delete
    2. Do you know how many pokemons games I still have? (And will buy uvu) My wallet is suffering though...

      Delete
    3. Haha gamer girl

      Delete
    4. It's the same for me Akaniiie ^^

      Delete
  10. By the way, Will Smith looks the same today as in the Fresh Prince of Bel Air
    Just how ???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will Smith !!!! THE BEST !

    ReplyDelete
  12. The 90s, where the year who is back in fashion in 2015- 2016

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, so typical, I love the 90's trends tho

      Delete
  13. The music of prince of Bel Air is in my phone. It's my ringing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm agree with you the 2000s are such a great years! I remember during this years I looked "tout le monde déteste Chris" She was my favorite series �� �� -Clyde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Tout le monde déteste Chris"? I've never heard of it! I've just watched an episode tho, it looks so cool!

      Delete
  15. you right the00 were better , i remember watching malcom and ma famille d'abord and even one nounou d'enfer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I remember. Those were great TV shows, I used to watch it after school

      Delete
  16. "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" it was very cool !

    Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
  17. You feel very nostalgic but I agree it was better before !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm a bit sad. It was SO much better!

      Delete
  18. It would be on my list too the 90's was such a great period especially for the rap !!
    -pompom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I totally agree with you! Will Smith was so cool back then, I mean look at all these fake rappers right now, their lyrics are so dumb, it's doesn't even mean something

      Delete
  19. https://youtu.be/Gz1Y-j6IryA Look Aliena !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, thanks for sending me this! It's so cool I love it!

      Delete
  20. I think you're right, music of the 90's must have been so cool for people back then...
    -Apote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we have some good music too, but it will never be the same

      Delete
  21. Spice Girls wouaaaa I miss this groupe !!
    -TjPlus

    ReplyDelete
  22. Replies
    1. I bet you didn't even read my article, you lazy girl

      Delete
  23. Oh "Wannabe" of Spice Girls is my favorite song! I love it! -Cactus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love it! It was the song of a dumb TV show tho : "On a échangé nos mamans" haha

      Delete
  24. I will love born 10 years ago to grow with the culture of the 90s

    bush

    ReplyDelete
  25. Musif of 90's are realy the best !!

    Nour

    ReplyDelete
  26. I agree with all you said ! :)
    LAuranouille

    ReplyDelete