Monday 26 September 2016

Let's meet Roots&Culture!

Hi ! My name is Rootsandculture ! I'm 16 years old, and I live in Bourges.

First, my favorite style of music is « dub ».

This musical style arises from the Jamaican reggae. I like  this music style a lot because it brings me a lot, it makes me very joyful, the vibrations that these musics send back cause a real pleasure, give real feelings.

The dub was born in 1969, it developed in Kingston to meet the needs of DJs, in search of space between the vocal recordings to lend itself to the art of the toasting.

I am interested so a lot in the Rastafarian culture.

"Rasta" is the diminutive of "Rastafarian". 

Rastafariens are followers of the Rastafarian movement. 

This religious and cultural movement was born in Jamaican in the first half of the 20th century. 

The God of this culture is called "Jah".
Rastafarians have a lifestyle with several rules  to respect, they do not drink alcohol, they are vegetarian, should not  cut  neither hair nor beard. 
The consumption of marijuana is recommended to allow to rise towards "Jah". 


I also like TV series like Breaking Bad, Rick and Morty, Shameless... 

But the best series in the world is The Walking Dead !! 

I watch most of the time my  series in English with subtitles in French , that helps me a lot to learn the language.



                              









                Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed my article ! Bye !                          

31 comments:

  1. The part on the rastafarian movement was very interesting !! It makes you want to know more about that !
    -Nenette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This culture is very enriching ! Thanks for you comment !

      Delete
    2. I hope that you will write an other article about this subject ! You're welcome !
      -Nenette

      Delete
  2. We have some things in common. My favourite serie is The 100 and I just began to watch The Walking Dead ! :)
    Reese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear a lot speak about The 100, this series seems very cool !

      Delete
  3. Your article was really interesting ! I learnt a lot of things about dub, I didn't really know it.
    Rick and Morty looks nice, a lot of people told me it was a good series.
    I watch my series in English too, and I agree with you on this point, it helps a lot to learn the language !
    Carry on this way ! -Pegasus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very satisfied to have taught you something on it I like! Rick and Morty is a really very funny series!

      Delete
  4. My favorite style music is dub too! We a lot in common... the series, the music, the rastafari culture... this article is very cool and interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, the Walking Dead is the best serie of the world !

    -Harley

    ReplyDelete
  6. maybe i'll start listening to dub now lol
    ,i also think i'll start to watch The Walking Dead, a really nice presentation ;^)

    - Fenrir

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rootsandculture !
    Your article is very interesting. I already have listen to some sounds of dub and to be honest it's really great even if my favorite style of music is electronic music like trance and the house music.
    I did not know the Rastafarian movement. Your article is very enriching and allowed me to know more things about the dub.
    Minimalist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like so certain music of the style which you listen to, I would not listen to that all the time but I find that well !

      Delete
  8. Hi Roots&Culture, I find this article interesting. I knew Bob Marley's music (the Reggae) and appreciated his songs but I didn't know well the dub and the components of its mouvement.
    Ps : I agree with your best serie which is mine too ! Heyhey !
    -Chamallow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ! I am satisfied to make you discover another music style which differs from the Reggae, even if I also like very much the Reggae!! Thanks for you comment !

      Delete
  9. Hi Roots&Culture, thank you for this article, it was great to know more about the Rastafarian movement and about the Dub, it made want to know more about them. Looking forward to read your next articles !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ! Thanks you so much for this comment :)

      Delete
  10. HAHA !
    DUB with a good sound system for vibes is just...
    Your article is very interesting because the history of dub and the kingston land is unique in the world !
    Thanks for your post :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your article is very interesting, I love reggae too it's the essence of music

    Inspector Flower

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to comment a third times because, for the moment, I think this article is my favorite. bye Roots&Culture !
    -Nenette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thaaaanks ! I am really happy that you love my article!
      Bye Nenette and thanks again

      Delete
  13. Thank's for your article roots and culture! I agree reggae it's a good music ;)

    dzpnl213

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, I'm Baptiste and I'm Pegasus' best friend, she recommanded me this blog.
    Roots and Culture, I liked your article, I learnt many things that I didn't know !
    Congratulations,
    -Baptiste

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Baptiste, thank you for coming to see my article and I am happy of to have learnt some little things.. BYYYE :)

    ReplyDelete