Thursday 7 January 2016

Phi's article...



Hi guys!

Today I speak about when I would like to go back in time… 
It's special but I wanted to be present during  World War II, it depends where because I would have been terrified knowing that I'm a big coward.

But I've always wondered what side I would have been, collaborator or resistant. 

It is on the living conditions were very complicated with extermination, occupation… 
It’s terrifying. 

I think I would have been a tough penny but the pressure and the danger of war, perhaps I would have been obliged to give in.

 I wish I was there to resist and help to change things to change the world and the course  history… as in Quentin Tarantino's film Inglorious Bastard, it takes place  in 1940.


Shosanna  witnessed the execution of her family and escapes, she takes refuge in Paris and becomes the owner of a cinema and she will decide to establish a very personal revenge. 

I love this film and I wanted to implement such actions and be that kind of hero if I had lived during this period but I don’t know if I'd have the courage.


There are no real advantages to live during this time; it's just the desire to make a difference that is present.

It’s very hard to live a war but I would have liked to be here to help and change things.

I would be a hero of the resistance but not live during all the war, it must have been a traumatic time.

I wanted to help people like Lucie Aubrac, she joined the Liberation-sud resistance group in Lyon after its formation by her husband.


On 21 October 1943 she attacked the German truck with her comrades, it was transporting the prisoners back to German command and they released members of the Resistance who were being held.

Lucie Aubrac was a great heroine and it’s a woman; if I had been in her time I would myself join  this cause. 


A second person I wanted to meet and which this time is a man is Johan Georg Elser, it was a German worker who planned and carried out an elaborate assassination attempt on Adolf Hitler: he constructed and placed a time bomb near the speaking platform but the bomb failed to kill Hitler but killed eight people and injured over sixty two others.



A film is also released in October 2015 on this man who is a hero despite the failure of the assassination of Hitler. The film is Elser, an ordinary hero.


                                
So I wish I lived during World War II. It is a tragic time but this is a time when men fought for this freedom!

By PHI.

28 comments:

  1. I liked you article. So do u know, collaborator or resistant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Errrr... I wouldn't like to come back there, you know with all the dead people and everything, that's not very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course there are not only advantages, I understand you !

      PHI

      Delete
    2. I still think that Inglourious Bastards is a great movie :)

      Delete
    3. Oh yes I love it !

      PHI

      Delete
  3. I really like your article, he is very interesting !
    -Clyde

    ReplyDelete
  4. World War II was a very important period and I agree with you I would like to see how people lived during this war -Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes and especially try to help to change things !

      PHI

      Delete
    2. Yeah sure ! -Bonnie

      Delete
    3. Yes sure even I think that isn't easy -Bonnie

      Delete
    4. Of course unfortunately...

      PHI

      Delete
  5. I like your article and I agree with you; I think it will be interesting to spend just one day during the II world war to understand the history and the feeling of the resistant for example.

    By Blondy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you are absolutely right !

      PHI

      Delete
  6. Great article I made a great TPE on film if you want to take care :)

    Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, ahah I know and I love this film !

      PHI

      Delete
  7. I really love your article but when we speak the last time you say me that you don't know where is lucie Aubrac !!
    Nour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I don't remember my travel back in time, I have memory loss sometimes :p

      PHI

      Delete
  8. Thank you !
    I would been a resistant I think

    PHI

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like your article , the second world war isn 't the easiest time to travel back too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, of course but we always hear things about this very interesting period !

      PHI

      Delete
  10. I love Tarantino's film and I was just watching it yesterday !
    -Apote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a great film director !

      PHI

      Delete
  11. Very deep period you choosed here, but I like your article anyway and I love this movie !

    ReplyDelete
  12. good article really interesting -Pradel

    ReplyDelete
  13. This film is cool :3
    I think that your choice is weird, but you're brave ^.^'

    ReplyDelete