Friday 8 January 2016

Jenny Margaret and the Swinging London



If I could travel back in time,
it would be to London in the 60 ‘s,
 because it was a great period in British history:
society was changing,
the Beatles were famous and there were new
and exciting fashions.

In the 60’s, London seemed
 to have become the most exciting city
 in the world, with an explosion in art,
 theatre, film, music and fashion,
it was the era of the miniskirt.

During this period, London was known as « swinging London »,
the centre of the town was very popular
 especially Soho and Carnaby Street,
so if I could travel back there,
 I would like to open a shop in Carnaby Street,
 because at this time,
 the shops sold new fashion designs
and they played famous songs, and you could also meet important
 and rich people like, Mary Quant,
the fashion designer who introduced the miniskirt,
 or David Bailey, a famous photographer.
I might even meet the Beatles.
 This was also a time
for new cinema heroes like James Bond.

Swinging London though was only in London;
this new culture was only for upper classes,
when you left London you could see
 that people in the provinces were still living in the 50s

I think that living in London in the sixties
 would probably be more exciting
than today but for disadvantages,
 a lot of people took drugs and men were chauvinistic .

To finish I would say that,
if I could meet someone  from this time,
I would like to meet the photographer David Bailey,
he was a true icon who became famous
 at the age of twenty –two.
I would ask him about all the photos he took of those Sixties celebrities
who are still alive today.
If David Bailey was not available,
 I would like to meet the Beatles.

20 comments:

  1. I love the Beatles ! -Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the 60's !
    -Clyde

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you!
    I have loved when I came to the Beatles'bar last year on a trip with the school.

    By Blondy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Beatles and London too but I never was on the Britain and it's on my to do list in my life

    Nour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. London is a beautiful city ! -Bonnie

      Delete
    2. Oh yes I agree with you!

      By Blondy

      Delete
  5. there is also a beatles museum in Liverpool

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Beatles are unavoidable !

    PHI

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your article is very interesting I learned a lot of things and it gives really want to go back this time!:)

    Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's really interesting, I learnt many things

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice text ! I love the style which look like poetry form :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What celebrities has David Bailey photographed?
    -pompom

    ReplyDelete
  11. he took pictures of famous top model at the time like Penellope tree

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate being sleepless ! But because of it I saw your article and I find it very interesting 'cause I love listening to the Beatles

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm actually listening to 'yellow submarine'

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the beatles too
    -lili

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a great idea,so interesting! The 60's is a sooooo good period for fashion *-*

    ReplyDelete