Tuesday 29 October 2013

Somethingintheway, on American History X...

Hello everybody!! I am Somethingintheway, I’m 18, I’m a boarder at the high school.
I have two little sisters that I don’t really like.
In my spare time I listen to (many) music , I read many books too , and I’m a  fireman volunteer .
 So now the presentation of myself is finished, I will present  you a movie which is cult for me, and this movie is American history X.
This movie was released in 1998 and was directed by Tony Kaye.
American history X is the story of two brothers Derk and Daniel who live in Venice beach in California.
After the death of their fathers  who was a fireman killed by a black dealer while he tried to tame a fire , Derek becomes a neonazi skinhead.
 One night Derek kills two black guys who had come to steal his car.
He is afterwards condemned to 3 yearsof prison for murder.
Danny finds himself influenced by the ideology of his brother , but Derek is released  from prison and  was radically transformed by his confinement,  he will try to prevent his brother from following the same way as him.
This movie is a tragic film which teaches the respect of the others even if they are different .
 If you never saw this film I advise you to Watch it, it’s a beautiful movie even if it is sad .



35 comments:

  1. This movie is still on my " to watch " list, but I haven't got the time to watch it yet ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one day during our free time i will see it with you if you want
      somethingintheway

      Delete
    2. No problem, when you want :)

      Delete
  2. This movie is great ! It is very interesting !

    Scorpio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i think that it's one of my favorite movies
      somethingintheway

      Delete
  3. I've heard a lot of good critics about this movie, but I didn't watched it yet. So I think that I will watch it fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This movie seems interesting ... Edward Norton is a great actor, he was awesome in Fight club !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. everybody say that he's a great actor in fight club i have to see this movies
      somethingintheway

      Delete
  5. Good to know :)
    Kiwi~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I watch the trailer and I find it quite sad and violent but the movie looks very interseting!

    Folt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think you will cry when you will see the end
      somethingintheway

      Delete
  7. I don't know this movie. Who watched it here ? x)

    -Tommo-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your sisters ^^
    I never watch this film but it seems great and touching, the brother who prevent his brother.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey ! i'm somethinginteway's aunt and it him who said at me to come here

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello my name is Elise , i'm then sister of something in the way's sister , It's him who say at me come here !

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know this movie ..
    Lala

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't watched this film yet

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this film is a very good thing to show racism in USA !
    Very interesting !
    Sean Penn is a very good actor :D

    Forest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes this film is very good he make think
      somethingintheway

      Delete
  14. This movie is awesome :)
    By Oceka

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never see this film..
    K-Za.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that film! I really like Edward Norton who is an amazing actor, his performance is also great in the red dragon.

    PAPERPLANE

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is the movie gang not to be missed with "menace to society" and "boyz in da hood"
    - Jacquees

    ReplyDelete
  18. I didn't watched this film for the moment !

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think they will make a second part of A.H.X
    DaffyDuck

    ReplyDelete
  20. thank's Somethingintheway i didin't watched this film...it looks good !
    Mickael.J-King

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's real story (Doowap)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this movie ! :)

    Camka.

    ReplyDelete
  23. A movie about violence and redemption... Edward Norton is a very good actor, have you seen him in Fight Club ?
    Theboldman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not yet but fight club is a movie that i will see soon
      somethingintheway

      Delete
  24. One of my friends love this film and it tell me a lot of good thing about. I think I must watch it

    PonPonPon

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like this movie , it is very interresting , good artcile

    Blackman

    ReplyDelete
  26. When I started watching this movie and I heard all these racist, I had recoiled. But I kept watching to see where it would lead and I can tell you that I have not been disappointed. It is a hard and poignant film that both offer the damage caused by hatred and awareness of this hatred Derek who eats is simply stunning to behold. A great film that deserves praise

    ReplyDelete
  27. Its my first time hearing about this film. I dont think i'll watch it though. Its not my type of film.

    ReplyDelete