Sunday 13 October 2013

I'm not you on L7...


Hello I’m Imnotyou ,17 and I enjoy playing the guitar.
I 'm going topresent you a very special band, L7.

L7 is a Los Angeles punk rock band formed by    Suzi Gardner, Donita Sparks, Jennifer Finch and Demetra Plakas. As you can see it’s a feminine band!
 

 
It was formed in 1985 and it ended in 2001.  There’s a signification behind L7 which meant in the 50’s square but also “Hell is Heaven” or a sexual position.

They released in 1988 their first album “L7”, in 199O “Smell the magic”, in 1992 “Bricks are heavy”, in 1994 “Hungry for stink”, in 1997 “The beauty process” and in 1999 “Slap-happy”.

In 1991, the band formed Rock for Choice about women's rights, group which was supported by other bands of that period, including Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nirvana, and Rage Against the Machine.

I absolutely enjoy their music because they sound very loud and aggressive, they don’t behave like all the rock stars they stay natural.

There’s one epic moment, if you are sensitive  what’s next isn’t for you: during the Reading festival of 1992. While they were playing the audience threw stuffs and insults them so in response Donita Sparks throw her used tampon in the audience! Yes I know it’s very trash but that moment is so impressive!
(You'll understand why we won't have the link to the video here!^^ Mrs P.)

Their successful song is “Pretend we’re dead” but there’s “Shove” or even “Monster” which are very good.
 

I recommend it to you if you appreciate punk rock.

39 comments:

  1. Bobbie recomended this blog to me it's a nice website!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bobbie's friend. It sure is a wonderful blog!^^

      Delete
  2. I love Red Hot Chili Peppers an Nirvana:)
    By Oceka

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never listened to their songs, I should try, maybe I'll like it :)
    It would have surprised me if Mrs.P had posted the video haha
    Anyway good article ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll look for the video by yourself!

      Delete
    2. I was a bit reticent when I wrote this passage but I was sure this video would not appear fortunatly!

      Delete
  4. I never heard about this band... I'm going to listen to their music
    PS. Girl power !
    SweetLisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello i'm something in ther way sister i come here cause he say at me to come otherwise he gonna hit me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and welcome Somethingintheway's sister. You must know that this blog does not encourage violence against women in any way!^^

      Delete
  6. It's really interesting for us to discover a new things, thank you Mrs P.

    Eniram

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I'm BlueTiara's mother, she conviced me to go on this blog. I wasn't sure at the begining, but it's actually really interesting ! I believe it was a pretty good idea !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to get to know a girl band, for once ^^!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They have a good look for rockeuses

    Blackman

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Never listen this band too !

    Rider.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know this group but i want ! :)
    -YMCMB

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's rare to hear girls to sing this kind of music (or they are not very famous...)
    Moreover I don't know this band but I think I'll like it!

    Folt

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not a fan of rock music, but all music should be listened to.

    Scorpio

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never listened their songs because I hate them
    By Lala

    ReplyDelete
  15. I read this article and I have an idea on this person
    By Lala

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is maybe a person of my class, haha !
    By Lala, haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. I Hate the rock'n roll !
    By Lala

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've listened their song "Pretend We're Dead" and it's great! It reminds me the band "The Runaways" (the first one in which Joan Jett was)! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I listened to the same song and I liked it !

      Delete
    2. Me too I really appreciate the Runaways and Joan Jett especially You Drive Me Wild

      Delete
  19. I come back , and I listened this band , it's so good ! :D

    Rider.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I didn't know but just for you i'll try to listen to it. Moreover they are girls ! (Feminist spirit which sometimes appears.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I find it interesting that they are girls

      Eniram

      Delete
  21. I never heard about this group but I don't really like punk rock ..
    Everybody have his own taste^^

    ReplyDelete
  22. I do not really like, but I appreciate your article, you made ​​us discover your world and I find it's cool

    Eniram

    ReplyDelete
  23. Punk rock is not my favourite kind of music, but i will listen to them, just to know what you like. I like your article. :)
    -bernabear

    ReplyDelete
  24. Il ike these pics in your article, sounds messy stylish

    PAPERPLANE

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really like Hard rock metal and rock so I will listen to them ;)

    PONPONPON

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'll try listen to them even if it's not my kind of music ^^
    Kiwi~

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love Red Hot Chili Peppers :)
    By Oceka

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOL! She threw a used tampon?! You're right it is trashy!

    ReplyDelete