Monday 7 December 2015

Bush's gangsta side!



  If I came back in the past, I would like to come back in the 90’s in USA. 


At the beginning of the freedom expression by minorities in Compton in Los Angeles neighborhoods.


 I wouldn't wish to be like them but just to be able to spy on them. I find their lives interesting, attractive. 


Indeed most of those young people have things to daim and to denounce.


 They are often minorities : black people, latino, chinese. 


That’s why rap or hip-hop is one of their way to express themselves. 


Rap was born in the 70’s/80’s. 


It’s considered as a street poetry. 


But in Compton’s neighborhoods, there is the birth of the gangsta rap. : young people daim their way to live, their injustices and the existing inequalities. 


 This gangsta rap helped true artists to come out of the dark like Snoop Dogg, Kendrick Lamar, Nate Dogg, The Game, YG and the first group that started it, NWA with Easy E, Ice Cube and Dr Dre. 


They are the first one developping a way to express themselves thanks to their music, for example : Fuck Tha Police


No one before them allowed themselves to go against the police in front of the all world. 


They are not well treated by them, nobody wanted to hear them except by listening to their musics. 


Nowaday, those musicians are businessmen and musics directors. 


                           


Despite all these claimings there’s also a gang’s war in those hard neighborhoods. 


In Compton, we can see two distinct gangs : The Bloods and the Crips. 


We can recognise them by signs, colors ; The Bloods wear red clothes and the Crips wear blue ones.


By gang’s war we can hear weapons and drugs traffic. 


There’s often young people’s disapearance, killing…

The rappers already quoted are also a part of those gangs. 


They step ahead their signs and use punchlines to answer each other during rap battles. 


It’s a very important historical moment for me because this is the beginning of the gangsta rap and its evolution, the starting of a kind of freedom in their lyrics.


It’s the music that I personaly listen to and the history that we can find behind is a really big deal music’s history for me. 



I also recommend you gangsta rap music that I love very much by my favorite artist, Snoop Dogg. 
 


                             

24 comments:

  1. I love Snoop Dogg he's so funny! Great article btw ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snoop Dogg is the best !!!!!

      bush

      Delete
  2. I love this song "Fuck tha police" ! The songs had been banned but they still continue to sing

    PHI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ! And now everybody say fuck the police

      bush

      Delete
  3. Very intresting me too I would see what happend at this time !
    -fechouille

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also think it'sa very cool period the birth of gangsta rap not for the rest(gang war) but just for the music !
    -pompom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wah so many artists I learn things everyday ovo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great article :)
    Lauranouille

    ReplyDelete
  7. A massiiiiiive thank you for having chosen this song !
    Quite interesting article !
    By the way Im suuuuuuuuuure about who write this article !
    V...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good article!

    By Blondy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find your article really interesting, I think that rap is a big thing nowadays, I kinda like it (mostly US rap like you said) but I am still more a rock 'n' roll girl ahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like very much your article, I love rap, this period is very intersting ! -Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Bonnie !
      Lauranouille

      Delete
  11. Oh yes ! It had to bebe a beautiful time for rap, and stroke talented artist!

    Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really good article bush !
    -Apote

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a interessant article

    Nour

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like rap too ! I hear that, i think it is my favorite sort of music

    Nour

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your article is nice! It's must be interesting to come back in this time !
    -Lili

    ReplyDelete