Wednesday 30 December 2015

And we're back with time travel articles!



 I had a dream: If I could return back in time I would go in America during the segregation to live with Martin Luther King and other black leaders like Rosa Parks or Malcolm X, listen to their speeches, talk and learn with them about the situation and  their ideals for the future. 

I will not tell them they’re going to win their fight because if I do this they will not have the same motivation I think so I’ll just follow them in their everyday life to watch what made those persons become leaders and icons and live the birth of the Black Power movement (1966-1975) in America. 

I also would like to go to the Olympics games of Mexico in 1968 when the two black athletes, Tommie Smith and John Carlos, made the black power’s sign during the national anthem after winning the 200m run. if I was in the stadium at this moment I think I’d jump on the track and go shake hands with them despite the fact they were excluded from the Olympics games after this act. 

                             
 
After having done all these things, felt all the privations and sufferings that they endured :the oppression of the policemen, to go to school or in the same places than the whites, the same toilets, the same buses, the same zoo  to be considered like the white people I would be very proud to be a half-blood person.



                                           



pompom

20 comments:

  1. "I have a dream" ! Martin Luther King is an exemple for everyone

    PHI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeaaah, i missed these articles...

    ReplyDelete
  3. But I wouldn't return back in time during segregation because it's just unimaginible that black people can suffered this. It's a very hard period

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martin luther kingwas a leader , one of is first action was the boycott of the buses

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked your article and it reminds me of a picture that I love !! It is always my wallpaper. Here it is http://wtfaboutart.tumblr.com/post/107506112676 (it is the first picture)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your picture is very cool !!
      -pompom

      Delete
  6. Yes Martin Luther King wasan example,but I agree with Nausicaa, it's too hard to see this...

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a great article -Pradel

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think that I will return back in time in this period because they are so mani probleme

    Nour

    ReplyDelete
  9. It should be very amazing to meet Martin Luther King!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So special but interestig article ! -Clyde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why do you think it's special ? In which sense I mean :)
      _pompom

      Delete
  11. The Olympic Games were to be impressive, and black people were the rhythm in the skin ahah ! ;)

    Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will laugh tomorrow scarlett !
      -pompom

      Delete
  12. I like your article, but the period of seragration is very hard !
    Lauranouille

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I agree with you Lauranouille I think it was so dificult for every body

      Delete
  13. Great article ! -Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Segregation is a very good subject for article and I've red lot of books and watch films about it. That is fascinating to know how the country the most racist of the World and which have do centuries of slavery to black peaple had elected black president fifty years later. There also is a black runner call Jesse Owens which had won four gold medals at Berlin Games in 1933 that was an Huge victory for America and of course an symbolical victory of the Wild World. He had proven to American racists that blacks can also take part of this country and win medals to the Country.
    Maddie

    ReplyDelete