Tuesday 1 April 2014

April Fool's Day!




Of course the blog is still going on!!!!


More about April Fools' day (from Wikipedia):


April Fools' Day (sometimes called All Fools' Day) is celebrated on 1 April every year. It is not a national holiday, but is widely recognized and celebrated in various countries as a day when people play practical jokes and hoaxes on each other called April fools.

In the UK, an April fool joke is revealed by shouting "April fool!" at the recipient, who becomes the "April fool". A study in the 1950s, by folklorists Iona and Peter Opie, found that in the UK, and in countries whose traditions derived from the UK, the joking ceased at midday. A person playing a joke after midday is the "April fool" themselves.
 However, this practice has lapsed in more recent years. This excludes Australia because most Australians are accepting when pranks are pulled after midday.

In Scotland, April Fools' Day is traditionally called Hunt-the-Gowk Day ("gowk" is Scots for a cuckoo or a foolish person), although this name has fallen into disuse. The traditional prank is to ask someone to deliver a sealed message requesting help of some sort. In fact, the message reads "Dinna laugh, dinna smile. Hunt the gowk another mile". The recipient, upon reading it, will explain he can only help if he first contacts another person, and sends the victim to this person with an identical message, with the same result.

25 comments:

  1. That's interesting! I never heard there's a reason of april fool's day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too , it's good to learn new things :)

      Rider.

      Delete
    2. Neither me! It's interesting!

      Delete
  2. It's always good to know more about this kind of "events" !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love jokes during this day !! :p

    Rider.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you do any? One pupil wrote a note to me, supposed to be from her parents, to complain about my lessons!!! I almost believed it (and was quite upset!) then I understood it was a joke!
      ^^

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah ! Amazing idea !!!! :p

      Rider.

      Delete
    3. I did believe at my mother that I had 0 at school , she was very angry.. ! Ahahaha :p

      Rider.

      Delete
  4. Oh, nice to know the origins of this event. Oton-tik

    ReplyDelete
  5. My father have done believe to my mother that Ségolène Royal was become Minister of Education... And she believed him !

    -Tommo-

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lost my aunt during 1st april. I did'nt believe that but today she will be put on ground. it nightmare I can't stand that it is tragic rest in peace my aunt.

    by grecy

    ReplyDelete
  7. So what's with the 'poisson' in french? Is a fish supposed to be a fool?
    Bluetiara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe because of the christian fish "Ichtus" i think april 1st was a religious event.
      Boldman

      Delete
    2. You're probably right Boldman :)
      Bluetiara

      Delete
  8. Not need to be that day to make "jokes"! ;-)
    -YMCMB

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know the origins of April fool, it's interesting !
    Mickael.J-King

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, it's a good idea to tell us the originis of april fool's day !

    Tsitsa.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did not know the origin of this event .. I learn every day on this blog
    Lala

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was the first to understand it, does I have a reward ?

    PonPonPon

    ReplyDelete
  13. The picture is funny !!

    Eniram

    ReplyDelete
  14. Funny picture :)
    By Oceka

    ReplyDelete
  15. The picture is funny :) :)
    By Littlebeefly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Who says when is the happyfools days in USA and UK?

    ReplyDelete